Tuesday, January 28, 2014

BDJ Box #1: August 2013

To start going back to my previous kikay experiences, I will start off with my ultimate source of all things kikay - BDJ and BDJ Box.


See, it's only January but April boxes are almost SOLDOUT!

August 2013 BDJ Box was my very first box - it's a box filled with various cosmetics, and hygiene products (sample or actual sizes) which are very random and no one knows what it will contain every month. I remember being influenced to have this a try after seeing the items that my friend got. So I decided to pay for a 3-month subscription at Php 580 per box around May or June, but it already listed me for an August box. That's how fast they sell these boxes!

So what does this box actually contain?

For this month, we got the newest skin care line from Shiseido - Ibuki Line.
BDJ August 2013 Box

It includes sample sizes of the following products:
  • Gentle Cleanser
  • Purifying Cleanser
  • Softening Concentrate
  • Eye Correcting Cream
  • Refining Mosturizer Enriched
  • Advanced Super Revitalizer Whitening Formula
The New Shiseido Ibuki Line

Now these are the products that I quickly gave a shot and below are my reviews on them.

Purifying Cleanser


"A purifying cleanser that contains microgranules for a gentle exfoliating effect, removing harmful excess sebum and impurities without stripping away skin’s essential moisture. Best used once a week." - BDJBOX.com

Now this is the cleanser that I loved from the Sheseido Ibuki line. It leaves my skin feeling fresh and squeaky clean with just a small amount. Also, it does not give that drying feeling, but for those who are oily skinned like myself, do not forget to use moisturizers after. Even with the skin not being dry, it somehow caused my skin to oil a bit more during the night after using it.

Gentle Cleanser


"For skin feeling refreshed and silky smooth to the touch, use this extra gentle cleanser everyday. It lathers quickly into a rich foam and effectively cleans your skin while maintaining its ideal moisture balance." - BDJBox.com

Well it does live up to its name - Gentle cleanser, but unfortunately I think this is too gentle for my taste. I had to wash my face again just to achieve that squeaky clean feeling. However, this is not at all drying to the face and did not cause me any break outs.

Softening Concentrate


"A concentrated softener that penetrates quickly and deeply to build the skin’s resistance by filling it with moisture. Prep your skin with this before applying moisturizer to reap the full benefits and get glowing skin." - BDJBox.com

Now this is a must have! I completely fell in love with this, I immediately noticed that days after using it, my white heads actually feel softer and they come off on their own and easier to be washed off (or stripped off by a nose strip). This one will soon be part of my wishlist (my ever growing list to which I'll share this with you in the days to come).

Eye Correcting Cream


"This cool, comforting eye cream diminishes the appearance of dark circles, puffiness and fine lines. Gently pat under your eyes and see them become more vibrant."

This product helps make me eyes all rested and refreshed. My eyes does not look puffy and dull in the morning, and it is a lot easier to put make up on as I do not need too much concealers or highlighters to help make them look all pretty. :)
I just wish that this line was a bit lighter on the pocket, but sad reality is that they do fall on the splurge side. However, it does live up to its expectations and cost.

As for the other items, I still have not yet gotten around to giving it a shot. So I'll probably update this entry every now and then.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You might also like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...